Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Live Entertainment Review- Including Lights, Camera, Action!

I wasn't going to post about this, but it's going through my head and I might as well get it out. I've written a few things in the past about live entertainment, and how much I think it is enjoyable to watch people on stage. It isn't that I don;t like movies or internet videos or such, but there is definitely something special about live entertainment, whether it is in the form of nationally acclaimed acts, local bands, or even grade-school musicals!

Anyway, I was reflecting on the entertainment at the local amusement park, Cedar Point, and I realized how fortunate I we locals are. Not only do I get to see the acts many times over the summer and fall, but I get to see some really talented performers! (Yes, I also love roller-coasters, but I don;t limit my enjoyment to JUST roller-coasters!) And it's really amazing to me that we get such talented young people at Cedar Point. I mean, yes it is s pretty big deal in the amusement park world, with rides people come from all over the world to see. But when it comes to singing and dancing, well...it isn't New York or L.A. after all. It's middle-of-Lake-Erie Ohio.


Let me squeeze in one example from this year, and this isn't to denigrate any of the other fine acts, it's just the show I got to see the most. Last year I commented on how much I enjoyed the watching the cast of Bandstand, USA, the show at the Jack Aldrich theater at the front of the park. So this year the theater had an all-new show with an all-new cast. Did I enjoy it as much? Well....I don't think the new show was better...or worse. It was just different. I think this year's show, Lights, Camera, Action, was technically more difficult (and maybe the most complex of these musical review shows I've seen at C.P.) especially some of the complex vocal numbers. The performers really sounded great! And I really looked forward to seeing everyone each time I visited the theater.

So big kudos to all the live entertainers out there, and special thumbs up to the cast of Lights, Camera, Action as they go on to other projects! I anxiously await the next round of shows this fall. (As well as some high school band performances!)

No comments:

Post a Comment