Monday, March 9, 2015

Goodbye, Spock

I now many people have been writing far better eulogies than I am doing here, but I also realize that Mr. Spock is and will always be a huge part of geek culture, and therefore I would be remiss if I did not say something about the passing of Leonard Nimoy.


I consider myself a medium-sized Trekker, in that I know the history of Star Trek, can recognize the main characters, have seen many of the movies, and watched a lot of the final few seasons of the Next generation.  That being said, I know


Mr. Spock, the most recognizable character in the Star Trek pantheon.  Leonard Nimoy was a great actor, who portrayed many characters over a long and successful career.  However, Spock is his most recognizable achievement. From the beginning of Trek to the recent reboots Spock is the anchor of the cast.


I think it’s a great accomplishment of an actor to create a character that is so recognizable.  That’s what I am trying to say.  Leonard Nimoy, I salute your accomplishment.  Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment