Monday, April 21, 2014

Recap: SPACE 2014

Last week I attended the Small Press and Alternative Comics Exposition in Columbus as an artist.  I have had a table at SPACE for many years, and I enjoy the con even more now than I used to.  There’s something really neat about seeing the work of people working on their own projects, even if these projects have varying success.  Some ideas just aren't too commercial, and some are not marketable for profit, but the SPACE is more about people putting their dream on paper (or the internet) than artists pulling in loads of cash.


I picked up some new comics at SPACE, though I didn't make the rounds as much as I would have liked to.  The traffic was pretty steady is light, but that’s usually true of SPACE, and I was rather engrossed in drawing and having fun conversations with those around me and folks who stopped by.  Everyone was so very friendly and there’s a sense of camaraderie that abounds at SPACE that’s very nice.


 I thank everyone who bought or traded stuff, or just stopped to chat.  I’ll have some comments and reviews of the stuff I picked up, as well as the SPACE anthology and this year’s OH, Comics anthology in the coming weeks.  I have so much to say, and I really have to get around to typing more comments to post here.


No comments:

Post a Comment