Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Out With Dad: The Lost Episode

Did you know there’s a “lost episode” of the award-winning webseries Out With Dad?  Seriously, it is absolutely true!  I am certain I remember creator/writer Jason Leaver discussing the episode in an interview or commentary sometime in the past, though I do not remember exactly where or when.

But I do know it to be true.  I know this because Jason asked me to adapt the script for the “lost episode” into a comic.  Yes!  I have the pleasure of creating what is, to my knowledge, the first official Out With Dad product outside of the webseries.  I think I’ll take some time to give a little information about the project, but not too much.  I really don’t want to spoil it before the official release!
So what I will say is this: The events in the comic take place during season 2 of Out With Dad.  The comic runs 10 pages.  I do not know the release date.  When adapting the story I have made sure not to change any of the dialogue from the script.

Finally, I will have a flier promoting the comic available at my table at the SPACE convention in Columbus this weekend, along with a little of the art available for viewing (without too many spoilers!).

And one more thing, I would like to publicly thank Jason for allowing me the opportunity to do this.  I just can’t put into words how thrilled I am to be working on this project!

2 comments:

  1. Cool, can't wait to see it! Do you know when it will be out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it will be released over the summer. Nothing official yet though!

    ReplyDelete