Monday, February 11, 2013

Review: Mr. Morris

This week I am going to attempt to write a short review of a really neat webcomic called Mr. Morris.  I don’t want to spoil all the laughs from the series, so I’ll try not to write too many details about the comic, while letting you get the idea of why I like it.

Mr. Morris is a comic about a teacher.  It covers such interesting content as being a new teacher on staff, getting to know your students, and basic teacher survival.  I know a bit about these things because, like Mr. Morris I am a teacher.  (It says so in my biography found on this page, so you know it’s true!) Mr. Morris creator Rick Brooks (Also a teacher, which I know by checking his profile) hits these topics in a way that has me laughing while muttering “I have so been there!”  There are currently 16 strips up on webcomicsnation, so go check them out!

People have asked me if I incorporate my teaching experiences in my comics, but my typical answer is that I don’t do “gag strips”, so it isn’t really an issue.  Well, I’ve done a very limited number of gag strips, anyway.  I do have a school-related story developing in my current Mutant Elf webcomic, though, and it’s bound to relate somewhat to my teaching experience.

Thus ends another week of commentary from this teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment