Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review: Scribbles #2

Some people know humor.  Sequential humor.  Kel Crum is one of those people.  You can see a lot of Kel’s unique look at things on his website, including some art jams he manages to pass around conventions and get rubes such as myself to participate in.  I picked up a new collection of Kel’s work at SPACE this year and it’s high time I said something about it here.

Cornelia and Ed, of course!
Scribbles no.2 features the tale of Ronald Muck and Friends.  If you can’t tell, this is a parody of a certain water fowl who had a rich waterfowl uncle.  The story includes Uncle Scrog bashing his head while trying to dive into his money and some dog-humans who want to steak his wealth.  The humor here is adult, I should warn you, but if you’re an adult, you will laugh.  There are a couple other tales of cartoon ducks and a couple strips with two of Kel’s recurring characters: Cornelia, a mousy social misfit girl and Ed Thud, a guy who tends to get into trouble.  I’d tell you more, but I don’t want to give away any of the jokes!  Kel even draws things funny.

Anyway, check out some of the example on Kel’s aforementioned website.  If you don’t laugh at least once, it’s okay to come back here and yell at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment