Monday, March 26, 2018

Emma Gonzalez

I don't like to get political here, after all I'm here to promote art. But I'm also a teacher (elementary art) and I am aware of difficulties facing America's youth. I am also often dismayed by adults who discount all of the young people in our country as lazy and useless. Therefore, I will now note that I am very proud of the young activists, willing to speak up and persevere despite the criticism they know is coming their way. In particular, I wish to give credit to Emma Gonzalez, who has become the face of the March for our Lives movement.

Emma, your courage leaves me astonished and proud. You didn't ask to be on center stage, but you've handled it with class and done far better things than many of us old people. I call you a hero. My hero.

Emma Gonzalez meets with Congressman Ted Deutch.png

No comments:

Post a Comment