Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Post Genghis Con

I had a blast at Genghis Con this last Sunday. Genghis Con is a great little small press/underground comics show in Lakewood, Ohio.  This was my second year with a table at this show, and I hope I get to do it again!

 
The show is a great experience because of the other creators and the attendees that come through the hall.  There is a feel of true camaraderie among the artists and writers who show their stuff at shows such as these.  We are not people who make a living off the comics we are producing, but rather people putting our artistic souls into something we love!  You won't see a variety of this scope at a mainstream comics event.  This is where people go wild and end up with some downright fantastic stuff!

The guests I talked to were a combination of fans of small press comics and first-time attendees wanting to check out what's available at the show.  Everyone was super nice to me, and many expressed how impressed they were with the artistic endeavors they were seeing.  Hopefully, they do a good job promoting the event and the artists they liked.

I'd like to thank the folks who put this event together, the folks who were nice enough to talk to me, and especially the folks
who made a purchase at my table.  It means a lot to me that someone is interested in my work, be it comics or related art, and interested enough to spend some of their hard-earned cash! I also picked up a couple comics while I was there, and I will be commenting on them here when I get through reading them!

No comments:

Post a Comment