Wednesday, January 21, 2015

2014: a look back

I’m overdue to look back and talk some about 2014.  I’ve been busy lately using every free second I can to create new sculptures and comics, so I’ve slacked off on the blogging, but hopefully I’m back!

First, my favorite artistic activities of 2014 include the 2 small press conventions I was able to attend as an artist!  SPACE and Genghis Con were both a lot of fun.  It’s wonderful to see people come out and show interest in the independent comics produces by me and other folks who may not be big names…at least today!  I also loved the BIG con I did last year, Motor City Con, which has a great way of making even little me feel like I’m important, and the attendees who came by were just so nice!  I think it’s about as large a show as I’d like to attend, at least as an artist hocking his wares, but it was a wonderful success for me!  I also did many a local Art Walk and a couple Free Comic Book events.  It’s great to see so much interest in comics, from older fans returning to their old hobby to the young kids that have that fascinated aura about all things comic-related!




Speaking of comic-related, here’s some of my favorite things from last year:

Favorite Comic Series (regular)- Astro City

Favorite Comic Series (limited)- Groo vs. Conan.

Favorite Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy

Favorite Television show: Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD



Favorite webseries: Out With Dad


Check out the links for info!  And search my blog for more details of my opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment